The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

If You Stay In The Now, You Won’t Miss A Thing

Let’s not forget about Thanksgiving

November is the start of the Christmas festivities! WRONG! Many believe that the day after Halloween you start putting up the tree, lights outside, and pull out all the holiday songs. November is the month of giving thanks and enjoying the people in your life. Mariah Carey it is in fact NOT ,”timmmmeee,” but it is time for Thanksgiving!

I’ve never understood why the month of November always gets the least amount of attention. So many things to do like going to pumpkin patches, having a ‘friends-giving’, watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and tossing the football around. It’s almost as if we as a whole need a month to regroup from our October outings, mentally preparing for more to come in December. “Halloween just ended and Christmas is close,” senior Ryan Gosmano said. “The weather is also very inconsistent and I just wish it could be cold.”  

Now don’t get me wrong, I love looking forward to what’s to come with the holiday cheer. I love decorating the tree and I love making hot chocolate and watching holiday movies; I’ve realized how disconnected people get from staying in the now. I’m a senior in high school and this is my last Thanksgiving as a kid. Moments like this will never happen again. Even if you aren’t a senior, as humans we never are able to relive days. We only progress. My point is, as the year is entering its last few months and we head into 2024, it’s important to stay present in what’s happening now. Stay grounded and appreciate the time you have. Say thank you and reflect on the person you have been and who you wanna be as we enter the most wonderful time of the year.