The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Boys Basketball Season Recap

The Lobo Basketball team has finished their regular season and varsity is now headed into the playoff season. The Lobo Varsity team ended the season with a 9-5 record and was the second seed in District 16-6A under Cy Falls. The Lobo JV team ended the season with a 4-10 record. 

“The JV season wasn’t the best,” JV player Jaxson Leonard said. “We didn’t get that many wins and I got hurt, but it was a fun season overall.”

Leonard was the starting point-guard before his injury. Despite the losses, the team enjoyed the season and had fun together.

“He’s [Leonard] ready for the offseason to get better and stronger,” Coach Fannon said. “He’s expected to be on varsity next year, and I can’t wait to see our boys next season.”

The varsity backup guard, sophomore Drew Sylvester, on said its his second year on varsity.

“The season went better than expected,” Sylvester said. “I don’t feel I have had that great of a season, but it was cool.”

Drew feels the varsity season was good because they made it to playoffs and ended 9-5 in district, but he doesn’t feel he had that great of an individual season. He feels he has things to improve on, like taking more of his own shots and playing with more confidence. He’ll work hard over the offseason to get better and he thinks the season was really fun. He hopes they make it far in the playoffs and he is looking forward to summer ball and next school season. He really enjoyed playing with this varsity team and he can’t wait to have new teammates next season.