The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Prom Trends for 2024

“I’ve been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what it might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it’s not everything I dreamed it would be?

-Rapunzel 

Prom season is upon us Class of 2024! With the prom theme being announced to be using Disney’s “Tangled” as inspiration, we can expect a magical night, lit by candles soaring in the sky, embarking on a night of nights like never before. With that being said, let the prom preparation begin! 

From insight given by fellow seniors, we can expect the best-of-the-best in regard to promposals.  

“It should be more than a homecoming poster,” senior Ryan Gosmano said. “It should be unique for the person you’re asking because prom is a one-time thing.”

On the other hand, sometimes the best thing you can do is go in a group with your friends and enjoy the night in a group setting! Don’t feel the need to ask someone, but if you are, make it special!!

“I mean having a date is fun if you are in a relationship and for when you are taking pictures, but I don’t think having a date defines the experience you will have with one or not,” senior Myekaelah Khadijah said. 

Prom is the one night of the year specifically created to mark the transition from adolescence-to-adulthood and provide students with a meaningful shared celebration at the end of their high school career. With that being said, effort to create the perfect look is mandatory.

In my next story, I will be covering the, “INS & OUTS,” for prom. Here’s a preview:

“ IN for prom, is definitely a corset top, and one OUT for prom are feathers on the dresses,” senior Riley Clede-Conger said. 

“ I think one thing people are trying to make IN is Easter style, brunch dresses, when it really should be an OUT!” senior Izzy Anderson said. 

“An OUT for prom is definitely being able to see ankle bone while you are wearing your suit,” senior Shepard Pedigo said.

This is what you should expect for the 2024 prom season!!!