The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Berries N Cherries Brings the Flavor

Welch’s Fruit Snack Review

Welch’s blue packets of fruit gummies are very popular. However, Welch’s has more than just that flavor; one being the Berries N Cherries.

The Berries N Cherries packet has a different color scheme than the normal ‘Mixed fruits’. It also contains ‘sweeter’ fruits. The purple packet contained gummies that smelled much sweeter than the original.

Also, they were a lot darker in color compared to the bright colorful gummies in the original pack. After tasting the Berries N Cherries pack, I could immediately identify that this pack of gummies had much more of a sugary presence than the other. While I expected it to taste more fruitful, it was still good. There wasn’t an overbalance between the sugar and fruit taste.

Both packets contain the same amount of sugar, calories, and nutrition facts, so it’s interesting to me how the purple pack is more candied. It even smelled sweeter. I was expecting
more of a tropical fruity smell.

The Berries N Cherries were really easy to chew. They were soft, but thankfully not mushy. However, the other gummies were a bit more firm. In my opinion, I prefer the softer
gummies. If you are buying them for toddlers, I would recommend buying the Berries N Cherries gummies.

Overall, the Berries N Cherries gummies did not taste how I expected them to taste, but they did win me over. I prefer the new pack over the originals. I would definitely buy this flavor
again. I give Welch’s purple pack of gummies 4/5 stars.