The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Leaving a Legacy of Success

Girl’s Soccer Scores a Spot in Playoffs

In an exhilarating season filled with triumphs and unforgettable moments, the Girl’s Soccer team showcased their talent and determination as they dominated the competition, securing victories and earning a spot in the playoffs.

With a strong roster and skilled players, the team displayed their prowess throughout the season. Their cohesive teamwork, strategic plays, and unwavering spirit propelled them to success. Each game was a testament to their passion for the sport and their commitment to excellence.

“The energy during the game was super hype,” senior Riley Clede-Conger said. “We were all very excited and also a little nervous, but no matter what mistakes were made we kept our heads up and just encouraged each other,”  

Clede-Conger even completed an assist from teammate Carly Dupius and scored for the team. 

As the playoffs approached, excitement grew among the team and their loyal supporters. The first-round playoff match was a highly anticipated event, with the team hoping to continue their winning streak. However, despite their best efforts, they faced a formidable opponent who proved to be a tough challenge.

“I think we did give it our all, we all have so much love for each other, we always want to do our best not just for ourselves but for our team,” Clede-Conger said. “ This bond that we share pushed us to give our 100% at all times.” 

The game was intense from start to finish, with both teams showcasing their skills and determination. The Lady Lobos fought valiantly, displaying their technical abilities and teamwork. However, in a closely contested match, luck was not on their side, and they fell short in the end.

“The end score was 1-4, we lost,” Clede-Conger said. 

Although the loss in the first round of the playoffs was undoubtedly disappointing, it should not overshadow the incredible achievements of the girl’s soccer team throughout the season. Their hard work, perseverance, and sportsmanship were evident in every game they played.

“For the most part we are all super positive and all have a love for the game, so we just have fun,’’ Clede-Conger said. “This really helped us throughout games and practices because soccer has a lot to do with your mindset and we were good at keeping each other motivated.”

As the season closes, the team can hold their heads high, knowing they gave their all. 

“If I could leave the returning team with any advice, it’s your last year so truly make the most of it and cherish all the memories with your team,” Clede-Conger said. “Most importantly, remember that it could be your last time playing soccer, so train your hardest and give it your all in practice and in the games.”

The girl’s soccer team will continue to inspire and make their mark in the world of soccer, and their fans eagerly await their next season with anticipation and excitement.