The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

The Glue of the Spring Show: Mason & India

The annual Bailadora Spring Show was held in the auditorium April 19th & 20th. With it being the 40th anniversary of the school, that meant a new sense of pressure, not only on the dancers, but on the crew working behind the scenes. Mason Hernandez & India Lee held the title of MC for this year’s show. 

In order to be an MC you have to be entertaining, quick on your feet in the off chance the dancers need more time, and just a well-rounded performer overall.

“The reason I wanted to be an MC is because it’s my best friend last year, and she’s the Captain,” Lee said. 

This year the Bailadoras honored their alumni on the 2nd night before the performance. This meant over 60 prior Bailadoras would be watching the show, so the pressure was on. 

“Mason and I have been attending the rehearsals from 3-8 going over lines, making sure we do well for the show,” Lee said. 

Mason has been an MC since his freshman year. Along with the class of 2024, Saturday marked his final performance.

“I’ve been doing this for 3 years and it honestly was a bittersweet moment,” Hernandez said. “To see how far they have come to this point is inspiring and I’m just really proud of them.”

Both shows were a hit, but the Saturday show will forever be remembered. The alumni were proud to come back and see how far the organization has come. Mason and India had the audience laughing, fully entertained throughout the show. 

“I’m honored to have been asked to come back these last few years, but for my final time to be the 40th, now that’s something to be remembered,” Hernandez said.