The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

One Last Dance

Bella Martinez Poses on the stage in front of the Bailadora sign.
Zoe Alvarado

With the final weeks of school nearing, it marks the end of many things. For senior Bella Martinez, it marks the end of a 4-year adventure being a Bailadora. 

“It stung to think it was the last time performing after 4 consecutive years,” Martinez said. “It was a bittersweet moment.”

After years of dancing and making friendships, it is time for Martinez to hang up the boots and look back at the memories she has created and the lessons she has learned.

“I have learned what real dedication is, and no matter what happens between a real friendship, it can overcome it,” Martinez said. “They turn into family once you embrace the culture of the team.”

The beginning of Martinez’s Bailadora life was very different compared to what it is now, with her starting during the 2020-2021 Covid school year. 

“High school during the pandemic was a very quiet and an antisocial transition,” Martinez said.

With this being Martinez’s final year of being a Bailadora, she thinks that she ended her life as a Bailadora on a high note.

“I would have to say my favorite year has been this year because knowing it is your last time, you try to bond and make good connections so you can cherish all of the memories a little more,” Martinez said.

Martinez took a break from dancing at a young age, but other sports did not click like dance did for her. 

“I tried so many sports and not one of them brought me the joy dance did,” Martinez said.

Being a Bailadora surely has left a mark on Martinez’s high school life. 

“No other organization is like the Bailadoras,” Martinez said.