5 Classes You Should Take

5 Classes You Should Take

With summer coming up, it’s time to choose the classes you are going to take next year. Figuring out what classes to take in high school can be difficult. Not only do you have to think about college requirements, but also find something you’re interested in. If you’re struggling, here are 5 classes every high school student should take.

Principal of Business, Marketing, and Finance

These type of classes provide skills for managing businesses and finances. You learn things that everyone should know like how to budget, pay taxes, and more. Students who are not really interested in business don’t usually take this class, therefore missing out on the opportunity to learn important life skills that are required when becoming an adult.

ACT/SAT Prep Classes

These one semester courses, open to junior and seniors, are great for students who plan to go to college. They provide the necessary practice needed to score high on both the SAT and ACT tests. They help you learn how to expand your vocabulary, manage your time wisely, and other important test taking strategies.

Communication classes such as Professional Communications and Teen Leadership

In these types of classes, you learn how to communicate better as well as gain confidence when speaking to large audiences. These classes are very useful, especially because many careers require constant interaction with others. In general, these classes will help you  become a better speaker and leader.

Psychology or Sociology

Learn how the brain works and why people do certain things. It’s important to understand people. In this class not only will you learn interesting things you never knew and will help you deal with problems you may be facing, but it also looks great on college applications.  

Computer Science

This class is essential in this day in age. You will learn about different types of computer and how they work. You will probably use the skills you obtain in this class almost everyday in the real world, as much of today’s work is done on computers.