1000 Girls in Pearls Week

Strong female leaders in the community are visiting our halls. Their purpose is to influence and inspire the girls of our school to become leaders of our community.

The 1000 Girls in Pearls event week lasts for four days.  PEARLs stands for Poised, Elegant, and Responsible Leader. The event begins on Monday the 26th and ends on Thursday the 29th.

“All female students are invited to participate in our ‘Lipstick and Love’ by wearing red lipstick and intentionally being kind to our fellow sisters,” Academic Achievement Specialist Cindy Petrash said.

After school on Monday in the library a movie night is going to be conducted for the event. “The invitations will go out on Monday, March 19th through our English teachers,” Petrash said.   “This event is open to the first 100 girls who register on the Bit.ly.”

The theme for Tuesday’s event is “Twinkle in Your Tiara”.

“Our Muffins with Mom event will have a guest speaker,” Petrash said. “Ms. Andonnia Maiben to share why she believes Girls Rock with invited students and their mom or mentor as they enjoy breakfast together.”

Invitations for Tuesday’s event will be distributed through clubs and classes and turned in at the counselor’s office.

On Wednesday there is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Fair followed by the theme of  “Stand Tall in the Halls.” Female students are invited to wear heels to “show we can do anything we set our minds to.”

“Currently we have 4 confirmed STEM professionals,” Petrash said. “With the possibility of a few more to visit individually with our female students during all lunches in the East Auditorium hallway.”

The STEM event was created because “society needs more female voices creating solutions for our current issues and problems,” Petrash said. “Sharing these opportunities is one way to open up the door of possibilities for our students.”

The final event is on Thursday with guest speakers and a panel following the theme of “Twirl in Your Pearls.”  

“Our students are encouraged to dress up and wear their pearl necklace,” Petrash said. “A string they already own or one they receive from us after attending Wednesday’s STEM Fair.”

Similarly, the keynote speaker for Thursday is involved in the STEM industry.

“I am excited to share with you that Ms. Ginger Kerrick will be our Keynote Speaker on Thursday, March 29th,” Petrash said. “Ms. Kerrick, a native Texan, is a physicist currently working at NASA.”

Overall this upcoming event is full of events and has many people excited for it to come and participate.

“PEARL Girls is an organization located in Dallas, Texas. Since 2006, we have been dedicated to providing self-esteem enhancing programs for girls that uplift, educate, and motivate! We aim to build our young ladies of today into confident, empowered women of tomorrow!” PEARL’s organization said.