FFA Show

After six months of being a part of FFA, the stock show is quickly approaching. The 22nd Annual Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Livestock Show Association, Show and Sale will be held February 3-6 at the CFISD Exhibit Center. Students will have to say goodbye to their animals that they have taken care of for months. For some students, the moment they have been dreading all year has finally arrived.

These animals have taught students responsibility, and how to look at life from a very different perspective.

“The best thing about having a pig is the constant companionship and how smart they are. Because of their wider knowledge, you feel a stronger connection than you would feel with your dog or cat,” sophomore FFA member, Kayla Griffith said.

Students feel that throughout this journey, they have grown with their animals and feel much more comfortable with the thought of raising and caring for them. Many students have accomplished their goals as an FFA student.

“This year I have figured out what I’m good at and I took a huge step out of my comfort zone,” Kayla Griffith said. “I will definitely be a part of FFA for as long as I can and continue to excel. If you are genuinely interested in learning how to raise an animal, FFA is so worth it!”

Throughout every challenge they faced, students prospered and continued to care for their animals to the best of their ability.

“Once I used the wrong conditioning spray and Mazy, my pig, had an allergic reaction. It broke her skin out badly. Thankfully it healed and I was able to continue training,” Kayla Griffith said. “Although, as weird as it sounds I am completely heartbroken. Mazy is my pride and joy. I’ve grown to love her more than I probably should. She truly is the greatest. It was an honor to spend my first year in FFA with her.”

Stock show will be a hard day for most students, but overall the FFA goals were met and they will forever be remembered as a significant high school achievement.