The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Who Is Benson Boone? What Does He Want With Newspaper Students?

On January 26th, the LC Howler walked into the biggest jump scare of their lives. The one and only Benson Boone in multiple forms were scattered all over the table. From bookmarks to calendars, Boone was everywhere.

So who is Benson Boone and what does he want with the Howler staff? Benson Boone is a new upcoming artist in the pop genre. He got his start when he auditioned for American Idol but ended up dropping out of the competition. He then began to post his music on TikTok and now has over 7 billion streams. 

I knew of the artist, but I never thought about listening to him until receiving the package. I decided to give him a try and I will say, he’s not my cup of tea, but I can see why people adore his “charming persona.” His music is very emotional and a tad dramatic. I found that his songs are almost all about a happy or sad relationship, no in-between.

Furthering my investigation, I discovered that this turned out to be a publicity stunt that Boone was unaware about. He went to Instagram and posted the calendar with the caption, “Who made these.”

The next day I was scrolling on TikTok and a video popped up on my FYP (For You Page). https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR3Lpjc9/  Turns out, we were not the only high school publication that was confused. 

Although many questions are still unanswered and this brought us much confusion, I’m glad Benson Boone, in the form of librarian essentials, came into our lives. Being in electives like Newspaper, Journalism, and Yearbook, we are united by covering outside events that stir public intrigue. You never really see public things like this that unite us. He brought us together to find out the first mystery of 2024. Which artist will be sent next, and in what form?