Bailadoras Up and Coming

After another significant football season, the Bailadoras begin preparing for this year’s contest season. Perfecting a total of 5 team dances, the Doras are ready to dominate the competition once again.

This seasn, the team is working under the direction of two new directors: Head Hannah Gassett and Assistant Selina Flores.

“I’m excited for the girls to be able to showcase what they have worked hard on for many months,” Gassett said. “I’m so proud of all the hard work they have done.”

Senior Captain Kelsey Holland is looking forward to taking the dance floor for one more season with her team.

“This is my last season, and I want us to do well, and know we can if we each work our hardest and put everything on the dance floor,” Holland said.

As for freshman Ellie Eugenio, this being her first contest season, she is eager for this coming season.

“I’m so excited for the contest,” Eugenio said. “I’ve worked my hardest and know just being there will be such a great experience.”

Although contest season is a big part of the Bailadoras’ year, the team is also prepping for the highly anticipated Spring Show, where seniors will take their final bow, and freshman have the opportunity to perform on the LCHS auditorium stage.

“Spring show is always our biggest performance; we expect the entire school to be there,” Holland said.

Not only is this an exciting event for the Doras, but for the student body as well. The team always expects a great turnout for the two show days and encourage students to support the Doras’ at their other performances.

If you want to see the Bailadoras in action, look below for a list of upcoming performances!

Upcoming Performance Dates

BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL GAME – January 18, 2019

CFISD SHOWOFFS – January 19, 2019

GIRLS VARSITY BASKETBALL GAME – February 1, 2019

CY-WOODS CONTEST – February 16, 2019

ATASCOCITA CONTEST – February 23, 2019

TOMPKINS STATE CONTEST – March 2, 2019

SPRING SHOW – Friday April 26 and Saturday April 27