The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

A Few First Firsts

The first week of school has come and gone, which means fall sports and extracurriculars are back underway. There are new faces to these teams, and these new faces experienced a handful of “firsts” during the first week of school. 

Senior Nikolaus Schackmann was a usual face seen in the student section at football games last season, and Schackmann will now be seen on the field with the Wolfpack. Schackmann experienced his first games on the field these past 2 weeks.

“It felt surreal,” Schackmann said. “A new type of energy.”

Schackmann had to take a few moments to adjust from being the one following the chants to the one starting the chants.

“It felt a little different on the field actually controlling the crowd instead of being in the crowd,” Schackmann said. 

Another person who experienced a handful of firsts would be freshman Bailadora Juliann Torres. Torres experienced her first few high school games these past 2 weeks, and it was anything but normal.

“It was not how I expected at all,” Torres said. “It was a lot funner (sic) than I thought.” 

Torres is an experienced dancer, but it was her first time under the Friday night lights.

“All the students in the student section were loud and up-and-going,” Torres said. “There was a lot of spirit and it was really fun.” 

With the third game of the season about to kick off, Schackmann and Torres are settling in with the new atmosphere that surrounds them every football game.