The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Balancing Cheers and Dreams

A Junior Year Journey with Breanna
Breanna+Maltez+
Danielle Saucedo
Breanna Maltez

In the lively halls, one junior, Breanna Maltez, navigates the whirlwind of activities that define her high school experience. With her burst of energy, Maltez is a dynamic force, following her passions and overcoming the challenges that come with being a student athlete.

Maltez’s schedule shows her commitment to both her school and personal interests. As a cheerleader, she lends her time to the cheer squad, bringing pep to football games and school events. Additionally, she finds joy in participating in the Sparks Club, where creativity flows freely.

“I’ve always been drawn to activities that let me express myself and have fun,” Maltez said. “Cheerleading is a great way to showcase school spirit, and Sparks Club is all about creating memories with friends.” 

However, Maltez also acknowledges the hurdles she faces. Balancing after-school cheer practices with the demands of her classes proves to be challenging.

“Trying to balance cheer with school work has been hard,” Maltez said. “Slowly I have gotten used to it all, but I still struggle with it and wish I had a better schedule.”

Junior year has gone fast for Maltez, who reflects on the speed at which time is passing. She eagerly embraces the opportunities that junior year presents.

“Junior year has been pretty good; it’s going very fast and I’m not ready for it to end,” Maltez said. “I’m hoping to continue to get closer to people and possibly even make more friends.”

Looking ahead to her final year in high school, Maltez sets ambitious goals. 

“I hope I keep my grades up and my motivation before finishing high school, ” Maltez said. “I hope I make a good impression on people that may help me in the future.”