The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

National Honor Society Welcomes The Class of 2025!

5+Members+of+Bailadoras+at+the+induction+ceremony.+%0AStarting+from+left%3A+Morgan+Maldonado%2C+Aaliyah+Swonke%2C+Kelsey+Vickland%2C+Emily+Johnson%2C+and+Camryn+Jones.++
5 Members of Bailadoras at the induction ceremony. Starting from left: Morgan Maldonado, Aaliyah Swonke, Kelsey Vickland, Emily Johnson, and Camryn Jones.

After a long-awaited time, students from the class of 2025 were inducted into the National Honor Society! The induction was held Wednesday, January 10th in the auditorium where their family and loved ones watched them enter one of the most prestigious clubs on campus. 

So what exactly is the induction for? Why do we have one if it’s just another student-run club?

“The induction is so important for new members because that’s where they get to learn about the four pillars of the NHS which is what it really means to be an NHS member,” Vice President Mariam Beshara said. 

The four Pillars of the National Honors Society are scholarship, service, leadership, and character. The new 40 members joining the Class of 2024 showed that they have what it takes to join and fill in the seniors’ shoes next year.

“The officers will give a speech about the four pillars of the NHS and then the NHS inductees will come, receive their certificate, which basically means that they officially are a member,” Beshara said. 

To go through this rigorous process is commendable, and to be selected is an achievement. In other words, it’s an honor.

“Being a part of the NHS makes me feel proud. I get to share the opportunity of being surrounded by friends who promote leadership, service, and character,” junior Kelsey Vicklund said.