The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Senior Spotlight: Jacklyn Huynh

The home of the Lobos is a place of unity where students who enter their first day are inspired to reach their maximum potential. Although a rigorous journey, the class of 2024 will be ending their time here soon and entering a new path as they embark on a fresh start. This is Jacklyn’s story.

Jacklyn, “Jackie,” Huynh is the epitome of a hardworking student. Jackie is involved in a variety of activities such as Key Club, Tennis, Orchestra, Interact, and Outreach Vietnam to enhance her experience as a student. She also is a part of the College Academy program where she plans to graduate, earning an associate’s degree from Lone Star College.  Although thriving in extracurriculars, she has fears for her senior year.

“For my senior year, my biggest concern is the senioritis that is slowly developing and resulting in me not meeting all the required credits to graduate with my Associates Degree,” Huynh said.  

When you are in such a vulnerable position like being a senior, you tend to look back on the things you wish you could redo and value the growth that those situations brought you. Time goes by fast, and just like every senior during their senior year, they try to make the most of it. 

“Throughout my high school years, I regret not going to the football games and experiencing Friday Night Lights with my friends,” Huynh said. “However, my biggest regret is not asking my teachers for assistance on assignments and being completely clueless about that unit. If I had to choose a year to redo, I would choose junior year, the hardest year. My Precalculus grade that year was not the greatest; I need a second chance to get that A.”

Jackie is excited for the rest of senior year to play out. She hopes that when she leaves and the class of 2028 enters the halls, they take into consideration this advice. 

“Don’t stress yourself out with the workload because it’s a different environment and you’re still new, so everything will work out,” Huynh said. “Friends will come and go, meet new people and make friends.”