The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

One Last Time

A look into the last football game for the year.

The final football game of the year held special significance for the senior class. As students shared their thoughts and emotions about the memorable evening, it became evident that this game was a moment of reflection and farewell for many.

“It felt like a very important chapter of my life was coming to a bittersweet end,” band member senior Adrian Escalante said.

As the captain of the Bailadoras, senior Erial Lloyd’s emotions ran deep as she acknowledged the end of an era.

“It was pretty devastating knowing that that was my last time ever hitting the field as a Bailadora,” Lloyd said. “This organization has been such an amazing experience, especially during football season, and the thought of it coming to an end was something I never wanted to experience.”

Reflecting on the season, Danielle Saucedo, a senior who had been a loyal presence at every game, expressed her deep connection to the events. 

“Being a part of every game this season was incredible,” Saucedo said. “It’s not just about the football; it’s about the spirit and the fun that we all share in the crowd.”

The last game was also senior night which highlighted all the seniors that participated in the games. 

“My favorite part was definitely halftime when all the seniors in the band got recognized by the audience,” Escalante said. “The applause and recognition from the crowd made the seniors feel appreciated for their dedication and hard work.”

Lloyd also expressed her admiration for her fellow Bailadoras and the hard work they put into their performances. 

“I am going to miss performing for halftime and being proud of my teammates for doing an amazing job every time,” Lloyd said. “We work diligently at every practice to perfect every routine, and without a doubt, each performance is an unforgettable experience.”

As the night unfolded, the energy in the stands was palpable, and Saucedo couldn’t help but express her love for the games.

“I attended every game this season, and I can confidently say that the energy was unmatched,” Saucedo said. “We all knew it was the last chance to enjoy this year’s high school football games, and that made it even more special.”