Big Boy Bui

Connor Duskie

Mr. Bui and his second period class.

A classroom is a place of learning, growing as a person and chanting “Bui, Bui, Bui, Bui, Bui”. At least this is the case for Mr.Bui’s classroom.

Mr.Bui is a first year Economics and Government teacher here at Langham Creek. He recently won our poll for Social Studies teachers that students want to know more about. When I visited his class I wasn’t surprised to see why.

“The students decided to do an impromptu campaign for me using snapchat, making stickers out of my face, stuff like that,” Bui said.

A reason Mr. Bui thinks his students connect with him is his teaching style.

“My recommendation is to play to your strengths, for me that’s using humor and different real life examples to relate that information to the students so they understand it.”

He has gone a long way in his teaching career from when he began teaching, he didn’t think it suited him.

“I taught at Nimitz high school where I taught for a year, then I thought teaching wasn’t for me. Then I went to the seminary for a year and realized the priesthood wasn’t for me either. I came back to teaching at Harmony School of Discovery, taught there for four years and I taught at Elizabeth Ann Seton’s Catholic School for two years and here I am now.”

This journey from possible priesthood to charter school teacher brought him to our very own Langham Creek.

While Bui may have a traditional teaching style, he still has some quirks.

“I like to sing in the middle of class, singing is just one of the ways I express myself.”

His class has many amusing moments for an Eco and Gov classroom full of seniors who usually want to get out of high school and not come back, it seems senioritis has skipped over his room.