The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Power of the Pack: Wolfpack

Wolfpack+leading+the+student+section+during+the+Jersey+Village+vs+Langham+Creek+game+
Cheer Parent
Wolfpack leading the student section during the Jersey Village vs Langham Creek game

As the fall semester kicks into gear, there are many opportunities for students to get involved. A select group of seniors are ready to get students hyped, loud, and supportive of the activities to come. The power of the pack is in the hands of “The Wolfpack.”

This past May, twelve students were selected through a rigorous tryout process. This process included an application and running one lap around the cafeteria. Maddie Blasingame, Ryan Cosakis, Carly Dupuis, Ryan Gosmano, Samantha Henderson, Camila Jimenez, Houston Juarez, Annie Patrick, Shepard Pedigo, Niko Schackmann, Cole Schulz, and Ben Witten were chosen to lead.

With this year being the 40th anniversary of the school being founded, Wolfpack has big goals for the students.

“Some of the goals I have for this year is to have the most hyped student section in Langham Creek history,” Patrick said. 

Although Wolfpack tries to get students involved, it’s still a challenge to every student’s participation. 

“Going further in the season, we hope to get more and more interaction from the stands each game,” Gosmano said. 

Even before the selection, members of the group were dedicated enough to be in the front row of every game, cheering for a Lobo win. They were known as, “ The Loboyz.”

“We as a friend group all agreed to go to football games and show school spirit,” Pedigo said.  “We hope to have an effect on the student section just like prior Wolfpacks have had on us.”