The student news site of Langham Creek High School

LC Howler

LC Howler

LC Howler

Ain’t No Party Like An LC Party!

A recap on this year’s HoCo spirit week!

The annual Homecoming Spirit Week kicked off on October 2nd with a burst of energy and enthusiasm as students came together to celebrate school pride and unity. The week-long event features a variety of themed dress-up days and activities designed to foster a sense of community among the student body.

The week’s activities include theme days like “Twin Day,” ” Biker v Surfer” “Barbie v Ken,” and “Generations Day,” where students and faculty alike get to express their creativity through costumes and themed outfits. In addition to dress-up days, there are pep rallies, games, and contests that keep the energy levels high throughout the week.

“I never thought I’d see so many students dressed in pink!” senior Michelle Jimenez said.

It’s clear that students appreciate the opportunity to express themselves within the context of a shared celebration of school spirit.

“I love how Spirit Week brings out the creativity in everyone,” senior India Lee said. “The different dress-up days allow us to showcase our unique personalities while also being part of something bigger.”

It was evident that the event brought the school community even closer together with the use of laughter and school pride.

“It’s not just about dressing up; it’s about feeling connected to the school and having fun with friends,” junior Molly Fitzpatrick said. “I couldn’t believe the outfits that I saw during Generations Day!”

This dedication and attention to detail demonstrate the enthusiasm students have for Spirit Week and the friendships it strengthens.

“I matched with my best friend today, and it was so cute,” Jimenez said. “We spent hours planning our outfits to make sure they were perfect and similar enough.”

It’s more than just themed dress-up days; it’s a tradition that always brings together the entire student body.

“Spirit Week is a time when we can all come together and show our school spirit,” Lee said. “It’s a chance to create unforgettable memories with our friends and classmates.”