Digital Art Students Redesign School

The dull, grey, lifeless walls that surround us each day may now have some semblance of hope for color. The Digital Media Art students have taken it upon themselves to redesign the school and come up with solutions to design-related issues that teachers and students are having. When the project is complete, the class will be submitting their ideas to the administration in an attempt to get permission to help in redesigning the school.

“The school building is lacking in terms of aesthetics. Meaning, essentially, that it is not a very visually appealing building,” Photography and Digital Art teacher Mr. Smith said. “It needs work. I think it is also extremely important to create a place that reflects the population of the school. We have great kids who are doing amazing things and we should make the building take on that kind of character.”

The designs are intended to make the school easier to navigate, more visually appealing and to help students focus better in classes.

“In my most earnest opinion, it can help freshman or newcomers who have no idea where they’re walking, and can bring a more pleasing environment that can boost morale of people,” Sophomore Kevin Huynh said .

So far, the class is striving to achieve a more modern ‘school of the future’ look, while still being simplistic, aesthetically pleasing and cost-efficient. When all the proposals are done and made, they will present them to the administration requesting to offer aide in the redesign process.

“I’m excited to pitch the proposals to the administration. Even if they don’t do anything, but say, ‘hey, good work,’ it will be an interesting conversation about improving the school in ways most people don’t consider,” Smith said.