One lobo makes it to region Scholastic Art and Writing

Only one of our lobos makes it to Region Scholastic Art and Writing. A year long process A young writer tries something new with her creative writing. A rare experience for many students facing different challenges and forms of writer’s block, Hallie has an unexplained passion for writing.

There is a creative writing class and club at Langham, but that did not interest Hallie. Scholastic Art and Writing has not been heard of to many students.

“This is my first year participating in this event, Miss. Benit introduced me to this I want people to know the Scholastic Art and Writing is a real thing and that it’s really cheap all the information is online and you only need a sponsor,” Sophomore Hallie Thomson said.

Having to fit category’s under the given word count using your own topic inspired by anything and not having to go to a specific place to write her story being a part of the Scholastic Art and Writing was a done deal with Hallie

“There wasn’t much of an experience I had used a story I wrote over a year ago and I just edited it and Miss. Benit read it and the whole thing was really cheap only $5 and I didn’t have to go anywhere,” Hallie Thomson said.

Being the only Langham Creek student to make it to region Hallie’s goal for next year is to try harder to make it to national. With a different category and getting passed any types of writers block she may face.

‘’My writing process was a total of 3 days, 1 day for editing, 1 day for re-write and 1 day with first draft. I had used a story I wrote over a year ago and I just edited it, I didn’t really face any writer’s block it all came naturally and which made everything come out easy and I really enjoy writing so I look forward to figure out what I’m going to write about next year,” Hallie Thomson said.

Young writers interested in fiction, short stories or other creative writing should take up the creative writing club at school or Scholastic Art and Writing program.