Final Exam Preperations

Starting next week, final exams will be held in session. Finals make the end of each semester the hardest time of the year. However, after finals we’re able to rejoice at the fact that the school year has finally come to an end.

There are many ways to prepare for finals. Keeping up with work and notes from earlier in the year and making sure you stay focused in class is beneficial. Although it’s the end of the year, the last few weeks are the most important and slacking off can cause your motivation and your grades to drop. Ending the year right with a good feeling and the grades you want is the best way to start off your summer.

The morning before the exams start, try to eat a good meal, preferably brain powering foods. The key to better focus during exams is mental alertness. Protein rich foods such as eggs, grain and yogurt are recommended because they promote alertness and brain activity so you are able to do your very best on your exams.

“The morning before the exams are always the hardest. I start by trying to stay calm and not being on my phone. Starting an exam with a clear mind always helps me stay focused,” sophomore Alesia Perez said. “Also, the food I eat the night before and the morning of always makes a huge impact on how a feel the day of the test.”

Many students feel the need to cram, however this ends bad for most people because things end up getting mixed up and many mistakes are prone to be made. It is recommended that you should study at least 30 to 60 minutes per day for a week leading up the the exams. Many students also experience declining efforts when they attempt to study for several hours straight right before the exam.

“As you go on to different grades in high school, the finals only get more challenging. I recommend paying attention all throughout the semester so you have less to review before the exams begin,” sophomore Itzi Ochoa said.

Although finals may be the most stressful time of year, once you get them over with, you are able to relax and finally enjoy not having a test for the next few months.